Apparently the blog tagging thing is still going strong. Doug Burns tagged me early this week. Thanks Doug, now I got two problems: a) figure out 8 things that people don't generally know about me and b) figure 8 other bloggers to tag. You can see Howard Rogers' comments to this blog tagging at the above mentioned Doug Burns' blog entry. I don't agree with Howard's comments but he has every right to them and yes, it does clog up the OraNA aggregator with non-Oracle related entries but the common theme is the Oracle bloggers although I don't think I truly qualify as an Oracle blogger (no technical content).
1. I was born and raised in a small Islamic nation called Brunei Darussalam. A wonderful place where I spent the first 17 years of my life.
2. I will be 45 years old this year and gosh, I still feel like I'm 29!
3. I took almost all IT-related courses in university from digital logic to artificial intelligence EXCEPT for databases and I ended working in that area for a very good portion of my career.
4. I love comics. I used to collect them until my first daughter came along (needed the money for diapers). Darn, they killed off Steve Rogers (Captain America) last year (2007).
5. My first job as an IT professional (right out of university) was with a consulting firm in the UK where I started working with Oracle v3.0
6. I got interested in computers and decided on it as a career choice in the early 70's from a television show, the Six Million Dollar Man.
7. Growing up, one of my first jobs was to be a caddy for golfers which I gave up pretty quickly as I couldn't stand the attitude of the golfers (maybe why I dislike the game so much).
8. I used to be able to play for hours on a single quarter (25 cents) the arcade game, Robotron 2084.
Now I got to figure out which bloggers haven't been tagged yet and found that I have to look through a bit of postings to identify who has or who hasn't been tagged so I'm going to pass and just tag the following bloggers (my apologies for dragging you into this):
- Lewis Cunningham
- Jeff Hunter
- Herod T
- Steven Chan
- Robert Vollman
- Andrew Clarke
- Steve Karam
- Dave Aldridge
I am guessing that this "tagging" would allow one to follow and visit various blogs that one might not visit just to see what 8 things that bloggers are revealing about themselves. Have fun.