Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Ebay software pirates pays $100K fine

According to the Register's article, two eBay traders were found guilty of selling pirated software and one of the defendent were quoted as "If I had known that SIIA was checking eBay for software piracy, and if I had known the software was pirated and that I'd have to pay such a high fine, I would have never sold the pirated software to begin with." which I thought was a pretty silly statement after all I interpret that to mean "If I had known that I would get caught, I would not have done it."

My take on this is that you made your bed and you'd better sleep in it. I wondered if the customers who bought from these guys are going to lose sleep as one of the things that the convicted traders had to do was to provide a list of their "suppliers" and "customers".

No comments: