Monday, August 15, 2005

What a weekend!

It's been a whirlwind of a weekend. My wife decided two days before hand to go ahead and hold an outdoor swim birthday party for my daughter. The reason why she left it so late was because of the weather. The party was fun and the weather was very nice and warm but boy, it was just exhausting getting everything organized. Phoning everyone and getting the food, drinks, loot bags, directions to the place, etc. Since it was at a park, we had to pack chairs, all the food, a portable BBQ, drinks, etc to the park. I had to get there early in order to secure picnic tables and beforehand pick up the cake which I eventually squashed when I had to move stuff out of the car.

We had thought that we will have Sat to prepare but no, we had to go for a family gym and then later over to a friend's for a BBQ and to make matter worse, the first thing on Sunday morning (day of the birthday party), I found that a swarm of wasps had build a nest right in the corner of the roof on top of the garage when the path the front door run past. Definitely not a good situation with us & the kids going in & out. Actually tried to flood the nest by sticking a water hose and letting the water ran for close to 15 minutes (of course I did this after dusk in order to minimize the risk of getting stung). No go as this morning, they were buzzing around the nest in the roof. We will have to contact a professional but I am going out to buy a can of RAID Hornet & Wasp killer to see if that will do the trick first.

I was exhausted and looking forward to going into the office to rest up :D

No comments: